Everything You Need To Know About Wet Mix Macadam Plant
What is Wet Mix Macadam?
When building roads before the asphalt is placed, the road construction crew must spread down a base course layer. That procedure is accomplished through wet mix macadam.
Wet Mix Macadam is a process that involves
clean and crushed well-graded aggregate and granular material on a prepped and authorized granular sub-base. Materials needed for Wet Mix Macadam must be mixed and well-prepared with water. The Wet Mix Macadam must then be rolled to a dense and thick mass. This mix is often referred to as “John Macadam.”
Equipment Needed For Wet Mix Macadam
There are several types of equipment that are required to carry out the Wet Mix Macadam process.
- A Wet Mix Macadam Plant
- Water Tanker
- Tippers or Dumper
- Smooth wheeled vibro roller of 80 to 100 KN
- Motor grader or paver finisher that can pave width of 9 metre
- Survey instrument
What Are The Benefits Of Using Wet Mix Macadam
- The Wet Mix Macadam roads are known to be much more durable.
- The Wet Mix Macadam roads tend to dry faster than usual. These roads can also take on traffic quicker, especially in comparison to Water Bound Macadam roads. (Other types of roads like WBM road can take approximately a month to dry completely.
- Wet Mix Macadam roads can be blacktopped quite quickly with Bituminous layers.
- These roads are usually constructed at a fast rate, making them more convenient.
- They consume significantly less water than other road construction methods.
- The stone aggregates in Wet Mix Macadam roads range somewhere between 4.75 mm to 20 mm.
- In Wet Mix Macadam roads, binders and stone aggregates are already mixed in the batching plant. The mix is brought onto the site only for compacting and overlaying, saving valuable time.
What Are The Elements Of A Wet Mix Macadam Plant That Sets It Apart From The Rest
They are a four-bin aggregate which contains a physically adjustable gate in all four bins. This gate allows the four bins to store and stock the four different kinds of aggregates. These feeds also assist in discharging the materials from the bins and creating a smoother wet mix process.
The vibrating screen in a wet mix macadam plant plays a crucial role. It functions as a filter that separates the oversize aggregates. It is then delivered onto a charging conveyor belt.
A charging conveyor, or put, a conveyor, provides the material that has gone through the filtration process via a vibrating screen to the pugmill mixer. When the panel receives the materials, there is a synchronized water and cement flow, making the entire mixing process much more manageable.
Pug Mill Mixer
A Pug Mill Mixer comprises several components such as liner plates, tips and arms that thoroughly disperse the materials when it reaches the water.
The wet Mix Macadam Plant has a loadout conveyor that moves the mixer into the storage location. The mixer is then transferred to a different truck for further processing.
- Silo or Hopper
- Water tank
- Control Panel
All the components of a Wet Mix Macadam Plant is used in the process serve the goal of simplifying the entire mixing process. This simplification also ensures that wet mix macadam plants can reach their highest production level.
The wet mix macadam plant is growing in popularity because of its convenient features. This includes user-friendly operation, high-grade service and optimal results for the builder.
Where to Find Wet Mix Macadam Plant Suppliers in India?
Coninfra Machinery Pvt. Ltd is a high-quality construction equipment manufacturer in India. If you are searching for dependable and reliable Wet Mix Macadam Plants, you have arrived at the right place. We are experts at designing superior-quality Wet Mix Macadam Plants and other relevant road construction equipment. Our engineers firmly believe in delivering the best products for our clients.
Our workers ensure that our equipment performs optimally for an extended period. To buy our premium-quality Wet Mix Macadam Plant, contact us at email@example.com or call us at +91 90999 41311.